1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 cup vegetable oil
1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2.In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and mandarin oranges with juice. Beat until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3.Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
4.To make the topping: In a large bowl, beat together whipped topping, pineapple with juice and dry pudding mix until blended. Spread on cake.
Dulce de Leche
(Boiled condensed milk)
1. Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water. Place the pot over high heat until the water boils, then reduce heat to medium high.
2. Peel off the labels from the condensed milk can, including any remaining adhesive which may be left on the surface of the can.
3. Place the bare condensed milk can in the pot of boiling water slowly and carefully so as not to splash the water. Add more water to the pot if necessary until the can is completely submerged. Cover the pot. Although glass lids are best for this task as they allow you to monitor water levels without lifting the lid, it is more important that the lip of the lid fit securely over the pot.
4. Monitor the boiling can for three hours, checking every 10 minutes to ensure that the can remains totally submerged in water.
5. Take the pot of boiling water off the heat and turn off all burners. If you want, you may carefully carefully shift the lid of the pot to the side and drain the water into the sink, although allowing the can to cool while the water remains in the pot is fine. Wait as long as necessary for the hot can to completely cool before removing the top. (eHow.com)
If you want a great, easy pie to make with this, try Caramel Banana Pie:
- Take one purchased Graham Cracker Pie Crust (or make your own)
- Slice fresh bananas in the pie crust
- Pour the contents of 1 can all over the bananas
- Top with fresh whipped cream
Yummy Apple Pie
Homemade butter dough:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup cold butter
4 to 5 tablespoons cold water
Combine flour and salt in large bowl, cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in enough water with fork just until flour is moistened.
Divide the dough in half. Roll out each half. Place in pie pan.
Filling for pie:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work of crust. Gently pour the stovetop liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft. Let pie cool before slicing to prevent breakage.